Monday, May 28, 2012

Ignorance is Bliss - Button design



"Ignorance is Bliss"
Button Design
Vector - Adobe Illustrator CS5
Wacom Intuos 5 Tablet

I did the face for this months ago, but never had anything to do with it. I was originally going to put spider legs on it and make it insanely creepy. I called it "Ignorance is Bliss"

The starburst represents the bliss, and the eyes represent 3 things:

1. What we see
2. What we want to see
3. What we're afraid to see

The smile reminds me of the smile I see on people who I've seen follow blindly into bad places. I get really creeped out when I see this smile. Like the girls you see on documentaries about cult churches.. how they're so "happy". It's truly a terrifying thing to see.

I think this will be going into my first "button basket" that I have printed.

I had a bit of a difficult time with this. For whatever reason, I had a hard time getting the shape cropped out into a circle. I almost ended up just using a mask, but I forced myself to look it up again instead of being stubborn and thinking I know everything. I had missed a step, and sure enough, once I fixed it it cropped just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment