Wednesday, April 18, 2012

And this will be Print #2

I decided to do a black one and a white one. I already posted the white version, so here is the other one:




I didn't really like how the black of the heart blended in so much with the star burst. I ended up making a new layer underneath the heart and using the same shape of it but with a thick stroke around it. I think it helps it stand out really well. I think this is my favorite of all of the ones like this I did. I think this will likely make the best print!

1 comment:

  1. The black I think is definitely better. The background stands out more now. I think also that the color scheme is more fitting with the picture theme having the preference for black.

    I think that the fire shape strikes me as a little odd. The spikey parts outlined in white- not the parts with the yellow in. That looks nice as is. The longer spikes seem a bit distracting I think because they remind me so much of fingers. I look at it and wonder if it's supposed to be a hand making some sort of a 'rock' gesture or something, then realise it's not, but then I've kind of been distracted. I think it's good that the spikes are tall because it helps give the image movement, but especially the tallest spike on the right side with the shorter and furthermost right short spike, seem very "finger and thumb"like. I wonder if maybe making that taller spike have a bit of wobble in the line or sway or changing the depth of the space between them might remove the 'hand' sort of look that's distracting a little from the overall image.

    Apart from that, I like the repeating image behind. Sometimes with completely digital images, they can look a little flat because they're such solid blocks of color but the double images really give more depth.

    ReplyDelete