Thursday, March 22, 2012


Oil in a Barrel
5'x5"
Vector - Adobe Illustrator CS5
Wacom Intuos 4 tablet

I created this after working on "Gathering Rain(bows)". I was wondering how the rainbow circles would look arranged differently. I arranged them in a circular pattern, since they were in a square beforehand. I wanted to arrange it so that they weren't symmetrical, but maintained some kind of visual continuity. I made sure to try and keep the colors and sizes even but separate. I used a black circle as a guideline for setting them up. Once they were all in place, I copied the black circle and adjusted the inside so that it was clear, leaving just the black outline. It leaves a nice frame around the image. I think this will likely be the last I do with this piece so as not to get repetitive. Unlike my mushroom series, this is still maintaining the same color scheme, just arranged differently. I might try to do it with grayscale later on though. Only time will tell!


No comments:

Post a Comment