Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Inertia Creeps

A few weeks ago, I did a little doodle in my sketchbook. I am a huge fan of the band Massive Attack, and I love Robert Del Naja as an artist. So, I had put on a Trip Hop playlist on Spotify, and was just messing around with my sketchbook. I decided to draw the lyrics to the first verse of Inertia Creeps, which is one of my favorite songs of all time. I love it. The song is phenomenal. I started out with a sketch, and then I inked it with a .30 micron pen. I think some of the ink might have rubbed off when I was erasing the pencil marks though. I need to make sure I don't rub as hard next time.

This is the timeline so far. I've posted to my facebook and my DA account with three updates. I don't plan on updating again until at least all of the text is done - if not the entire piece.


I think the digital looks much better. I adjusted some of the lettering to fit it better so there is less leftover space that shouldn't be there. I want to re-do the text of "Recollect" because I think it's not as squared as the rest of the text. The rest of the text has a certain look to it, and I'd like it to all be similar. I removed the connective line in the first few lines of text. I decided I didn't like it quite as much and thought it looked better without it.

I'm not sure how I'll finish this though. I don't know if I want to keep the text black or color it.. or if I want a background color. I'm going to have to think about it.

However, I've spent 15+ hours on this, with 10 of that being today. My thumb went numb again from gripping the stylus. I need to set alarms for every two hours to make sure I get up, eat something, walk around.. and just generally stretch out. I was sitting so long today I was limping when I tried to walk to 7-11.

I think this is coming out pretty nice though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment